A motivating, exciting, informative and stimulating symposium about the collaboration between the children's ward of the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences, Malawi & the Emma Children's Hospital, Amsterdam UMC.
The Amsterdam Center for Global Child Health of Amsterdam UMC is organizing an informative and enthusing Symposium for the third time in collaboration with the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences. This year's Symposium is about Accidents & Emergency (A&E) at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, sharing clinical cases and success stories. During the presentations, similarities and differences in the care of sick children in both settings are highlighted. The success of the new High Dependency Unit (HDU) is also highlighted, to which attention will be paid in 2021.
- Opening by dr. Yamikani Chimalizeni (head of children's department KUHeS) and Prof. dr. Willem de Vries (Head of Emma Children's Hospital, Amsterdam UMC)
- Clinical case, ''a child with reduced consciousness in A&E''
- A&E: pictures, data and interviews: How can we help from the Amsterdam side?
- Success story from the new High Dependency Unit: a patient that would not have survived without the new HDU
- Case presentations: special pediatric radiology cases
- Nursing perspective: the differences
How do I register?
You can register via the form at the bottom of this page.
When does EmMalawi '22 take place?
Thursday 15 December
4 pm – 5.30 pm
Where will the symposium take place?
You can participate in the symposium both live (Gilat Theater at the Emma Children's Hospital of Amsterdam UMC, G8-143 (location AMC) and online (via Teams).
Via the following link you can join online:
Meeting-id: 362 916 695 173
What are the costs for participation?
Unlike previous editions, this year we do not charge a fixed fee (€ 750), but you can choose the amount of your contribution yourself.
After registering you will be automatically redirected to the Tikkie page for payment. If you are unable to attend the Symposium but would like to donate, you can do so via the following link.
A proof of payment for the function-related budget declaration will be sent by e-mail afterwards.
What happens to the proceeds?
With your contribution we can support the renovation of the A&E (Accidents & Emergency's) and make the purchase of new materials such as monitors, infusion pumps and beds possible.
Until the 15th!
Wieger Voskuijl, Job Calis, Romy van der Hoek & Nina Meels